Friday, September 5, 2014

Second Thoughts:.

 I walk into the house after a long day at work. It's around midnight, and everyone in the house is either asleep or outside. I throw my hat on the floor, flip the bathroom light on and brush my teeth while looking down. It's just as I finish up when I hear a voice behind me. "You're really going to move, huh?" The tone is amused, almost taunting, and I don't need to look up to know who it is.
Quite a handsome man stands behind me. His ashen hair falls to mid back in a messy ponytail, and darke green eyes glint behind thin framed glasses. He stands at 5 feet and 6 inches, a little taller than myself, in black denim and a red satin vest. I glance up at him through the mirror and see his arms playfully crossed, the hint of a smile on his face while his eyes are serious. I don't show emotion, I cannot show emotion to this man. I reach for m ponytail and tighten it. "I am."

He nods once, then shifts his weight so he's leaning slightly backwards. "I'm surprised. You might have reasons, understandable reasons for wanting to return home, yet your dad didn't seem to have an answer for you, did he?" He saunters over and puts his right hand on my shoulder. "What if he doesn't say yes?" His hand slides down to my chest, and my breathing staggers. I look into his eyes through the mirror.

"He will say yes. There's not a doubt in my mind." I boldly say. A light chuckle escapes his throat and his eyes glow with amusement, yet he doesn't move. His arm dangles over me, his torso ever so slightly brushing up against my back. He thinks for a moment before he speaks again.

"Let's say he does say yes, and you leave your boyfriend behind. He'd be devastated, no? Enough to be unfaithful to you in your long distance relationship. Or perhaps.." His voice gets silkier, almost feminine. "You will be the one to find someone new. To break ties." He goes to kiss my neck and I move my hand just in time to where his lips kiss my middle finger. He frowns, and I remain strong. I will not let him trick me again. I can stare him in the face and not be pulled in. And so I turn to face him, despite the pace of my heart and the slight risk I take. He tries one more tactic.

"If perhaps you do break ties, whether it be due to another lover or not being able to handle being apart for so long, it would be a shame. Everything you sacrificed for him would mean nothing. Everything that you worked for would mean nothing. You would have wasted three whole years of your life." I bite my cheek to hold back retaliation and look away. He trails his finger along my stomach and up to my chin, tilting my face so our eyes met. "You would have to start all over because you have to and not because you want to. You would fall to pieces." As he says this his lips inch closer to mine, and at the very last word they meet. My mouth willingly opens to let him in, to taste and to torture and to give in as he planned. He holds me way too close and way too rough. As the kiss breaks he gives me an accomplished grin. "It would be best to think about this more, my dear. Let me linger for a few nights before you decide, hm?"

I am defeated. With a sigh, I let him take my shirt off and lead me to the bed. We lie on our left sides, pressed together with legs entwined. He kisses my cheek and in my lover's voice, says "goodnight".

"Goodnight, Fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment